Hantam NBG: Visitor Information
Enjoy this beautiful botanical Garden and protect our natural heritage.
- Learn more about plants and animals
- Explore the Garden and marvel at the richness and diversity of all forms of life
- Bring your camera and binoculars
- Watch birds, and spot wild animals like the steenbok, bat-eared fox and Cape porcupine
- Walk, cycle, jog or just sit and relax or explore wild secrets under endless skies
- Walk in the veld, trample, break or remove any plants, flowers or seeds
- Disturb, harm or remove any wildlife
- Light fires, drop cigarettes or let off fireworks
Picnics, braais and rubbish
- You are welcome to picnic at the Hantam NBG.
- Braais/barbecues are not allowed.
- Hantam NBG is a No Bins Garden.
- Visitors are expected to take their rubbish with them when they leave the Garden and dispose of it responsibly.
Dogs at Hantam NBG
Dogs are not allowed in the Garden.
- Protect your skin. Limit the amount of direct sunlight you receive between 10 am and 2 pm. Use sunscreen of SPF 15 or higher and wear a hat.
- Take enough water with you, especially if you are planning on spending the day in the Garden as there are no taps/water along the walking trails.
- Wear eye protection. Sunglasses act as a "sunscreen" for your eyes and protect them against harmful UV rays.
Last updated on 19 January 2016