Specialist Groundsman X2 (Permanent position)
Salary Level: 03
Directorate/Project: Conservation Gardens and Tourism
Pretoria National Botanical Garden
The South African National Biodiversity Institute requires the services of a hardworking and self- motivated individuals to render support on maintenance and development of the Pretoria National Botanical Garden.
The position requires the candidates to have 2 – 5 years’ relevant gardening experience. The ideal incumbents must have sound interpersonal skills, basic knowledge of Garden maintenance.The candidates must be able to communicate in English (read and write), have passion with plants, willing to learn and able to perform physical labour and work independently. The successful appointee must be able to perform weekend, public holiday, and standby duties as and when required.
The appointee will be responsible for:
- Provide inputs and assist in section planning, development and maintenance
- Assist with accurate and prompt Financial management
- Assist with plant collections
- Provide customer service ( visitors)
- Comply with basic Occupational Health & Safety regulations.
SANBI offers an annual salary of R100 545 and additional fringe benefits.
- Applications must be accompanied by a letter motivating why the applicant should be favourably considered for the position and confirming that the minimum qualifications are met (applicants lacking evidence of relevant experience will not be considered).
- A skills test will be conducted as part of the selection process.
- Applicants must also provide the full names, addresses and telephone numbers and if possible e-mail addresses of at least three referees.
- An application form must accompany the CV and motivational letter. Download Application Form.
- Failure to submit the requested information may result in your application not being considered.
All applications will be considered with the understanding that, in terms of the SANBI Employment Equity Plan, preference will currently be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Contact Ms Ethel Mokgoko on 012 843 5214 if further information required. Email completed application form, a motivational letter and concise CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 012 843 5222. Postal applications are to be addressed to: The Assistant Director - Human Resources, South African National Biodiversity Institute, Private Bag X101, Pretoria, 0001.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. SANBI reserves the right not to fill this position. Candidates are expected to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by SANBI. If no response has been received within 30 days of the closing date, candidates may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Please note that any emails sent to SANBI must be under 10MB in size.